Sunday, July 25, 2010

Paris in July - Week 3 Wrap Up

Wow, time is just flying - we must be having fun! We're now celebrating week 3 of Paris in July, and tonight, as I watch the final stage of the Tour de France coming into the Champs Elysees, I have the job of capturing a glimpse of what's been happening in blogging world this week.

I must say, it's been a blast - visiting all your blogs, and being reminded of great travel memories, being introduced to new travel destinations, being encouraged to read classic and new novels, and being informed about new movies - all based in France or Paris. I'm loving it....

In summary - I've discovered posts in the following broad categories
  1. Book reviews - La Fievre, Celui qui m'accompagnait pas, Mrs Harris goes to Paris, Farewell, The most beautiful book in the world, Parisians - an adventure history of Paris, The Elegance of the Hedgehog, and Between Meals - an appetite for Paris.
  2. Movie reviews - 2 days in Paris, and Funny Face, a Little Romance, and An American in Paris
  3. Holiday Memories from Chat Noir, Chasing Bawa, The Literary Stew, The Marmalade Gypsy, and Timeless Romance
  4. Other ideas - Cooking and the Tour de France, and Matisse on Exhibition.
I'd like to make a special mention of My Spring Show - because she has posted a great post on 'things I learnt from Paris in July'. Also the Literary Stew, who actually went to Paris in July and visited some foody places. Timeless Romance has continued to post each week on her trip to France and has taken us all along the journey with her.

And the winner this week (drawn from a hat) is Anni from Almost Insider.
Felicitations Anni!
Next week Karen at Bookbath will be doing the Wrap Up post - so keep up the amazing contributions, and I look forward to what's next!

11 comments:

Amy DeTrempe said...

I've enjoyed reading all the post and my to-be-read list has grown a have the list of movies I want to see.

Astrid (Mrs.B) said...

Thanks for linking me. I've enjoyed reading all the posts. I was hoping to contribute more to this month long event but I've just been so busy this month. I'll try to finish a short French novella this week. Hopefully it will make it in time for the wrap-up.

Chat Noir said...

Love hopping from blog to blog reading everything. Thanks for hosting this, and for making me re-live some great times.

Karen said...

Thanks for another great wrap up T! I can't believe we are almost at the end of our trip - so sad...

Mrs. Fry said...

Thanks for the special mention. I really enjoyed this, and was glad I had a chance to meet new blogging friends and to do some Parisian things.

Tamara said...

Amy - I'm frightened at how huge my new TBR list is now, there's just not enough time for all this reading to be done!

Mrs B - we look forward to you book review, however, you dont have to stop just because the month is over - we'll happily visit later to see any french reviews.

Chat Noir - I so agree, it has been a great tour de blogs!

Karen - What have we gotten ourselves in for? another year??

Brenda - lets hope the new connections last long and prosper. May our new french friendshis be long and happy ones!

Anni said...

Hi, I'm glad to be the winner of the week. Thanks, thanks.

Here is my e-mail adress: almostinsider @gmail.com

Jeanie said...

Thanks! I'm having such fun with these and looking forward to checking out even more!

Bellezza said...

I'll never forget being with my friend in Paris. We were in our twenties, and trying to shop, and we were so inconvenienced by all the barricades. "What's with all these cyclists?" we kept asking ourselves. A little thing like the Tour de France was lost on us! Then. ;)

Mel u said...

For the last week of Paris in July

A Confession by Guy de Maupassant

Esme said...

This is so funny-I focused on France at the beginning of July on my blog also-I had no idea other bloggers were doing this. This month I am focusing on India for awhile.