Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Speak


It was selected at Bookclub , I think the genre was 'adolescent literature', and I found it a captivating read. A story about a young girl and her journey of self discovery through a school year. I think it was my story (minus the tragedy) which is why it was something I couldn't put down. BookBath gives a great review for this novel.
I joined Bookclub with a group of friends to challenge myself to read. Since joining several years ago, I've been on my own personal self discovery journey. Repeatedly I have been the biggest fan of the literature for young people. This book is added to the list that includes Phillip Pulman's 'His Dark Materials' Trilogy. Perhaps I like these because I didn't read during my youth and they take me on journeys I wish I had then.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Glad you enjoyed Speak - it was one I related to as well even though I have never really had a problem speaking out!

Bellezza said...

It's nice to meet you! Thanks for visiting me. I'll be back. ;)